The bricklaying has begun on the exterior of the Health Care building. Bricks have been laid along sections where there is flashing, and this week we plan to see many bricklayers working on larger sections.
• Work continues on the street reconfiguration by Dragonfly Lane and Pheasant Hollow. Framing and pouring of curbs has started.
• ComEd has laid conduit to feed electric service to The Gardens.
• With the building permit in hand for The Gardens, excavation will begin this week with the stripping of topsoil. Work should be fairly slow in the first part of the week, but there will be many trucks removing land in the near future. Work times are from 7:00am-3:30pm. Please be sure to work with Paul if you have any difficulties with construction traffic.
• Framing has started on the porte-cochere (PC) above the Health Care entrance. This will provide a way for family, friends, and relatives to enter and leave Health Care under a covering to avoid the elements (picture on next page). The PC’s roofing will also be completed soon.
• Drywall is underway on the Garden Level of Health Care. As you know, our focus on the expansion does not take away from our continuing efforts to keep our entire campus in its pristine shape. For example, here is a list of preventive maintenance currently being performed by both internal personnel and outside vendors:
• Woods unit deck replacements
• Woods unit roof cleaning and preservation
• Woods outside painting and siding repairs
• Radon detection and abatement
• Seal coating of driveways and street
• Window replacements – (unit turnovers)
• HVAC and sump pump replacements and duct cleaning – (unit turnovers)
• Gutter guard installations
• Godair trash enclosures
• Pond maintenance (3 ponds – 2 Campus plus Godair)
• Trees & shrub pruning and replacements (Woods and Godair)
In addition, there have been 439 work orders in the last 30 days, out of which 437 were closed within two days. Our maintenance team is on it, and we thank them for their hard work and all they do to keep all of KBH in tip top shape.
The pictures of the front of the new Health Care building shows the framing of the Porte-Cochere over the main entrance. The PC’s framing will be finished soon, and this will allow for the roof to follow. The other picture is of the back of the Manor Home and the new Health Care building from Pheasant Hollow / Drago.