KBH Campus Expansion Construction Update 04/24/2023
Martin Jahn Nursing Pavilion (MJNP)
- We received approval for Life Safety Code from IDPH. We are calling the nursing department at IDPH this week to confirm their scheduled review, as this is last needed step prior to resident occupancy.
- The landscaping is complete in front of the building, but we will still transplant a couple more trees when the weather is right for replanting.
- Work will take place on the Sensory Garden patio over the next few months. This is on the south side of the Garden level and will include landscaping.
Addition (Clinic and 2nd floor Health Care)
- The Duly Medical Clinic and KB Nursing at Home offices moved on Friday (4/21). Duly has moved to the prior DPT space, and KBNaH moved to the 3rd floor. Anyone coming from the outside to see either group must use the front entrance or the dock door. This will continue until they move Duly back after a few months.
- Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) work starts this week in the clinic ceiling.
- Work in Health Care (HC) Dining Room 1 will start over the next couple of weeks. Paul’s team will move out items that are currently stored there and it will then become a work zone. Once we move residents from HC over to the MJNP, Dining Room 1 will no longer be used for work or breaks.
- On Friday, April 21st, 60 yards of concrete were poured by the Woods Inn for the foundation walls of the south wing. 2953 yards of concrete of the 4,000 yards required have been poured.
- MEPs are being worked on the north side of the building.
- Electric rough ins are being installed and the slab on grade for the south wing will be poured next Friday 4/28th (weather permitting).
- A 12-foot-high wall at the west side of the building will start to be built, upon which the next slab on grade will be poured.
- The weatherproofing continues to be installed around the perimeter.
- Work continues on the south elevator shaft tower.
- Structural steel is scheduled to arrive the week of May 8th. Once that is installed, the walls will start to go up.